Wednesday, August 13, 2008

All You Have To Do Is Call.

Last Sunday I get a text message from Lara,"At cabin, tree in front yard exploded, OMG".  Of course I was freaked out-- Lara texting, and using OMG. Gave me the willies. Then I started to worry.  Was this a cry for help?  Were they in trouble?  First problem, where the heck is that cabin.  Somewhere in the middle of nowhere Maryland.  South of that Frank Lloyd Wright house. Lots of snakes.  Is that enough info for 911 to send help.  Leading to problem #2, what are the odds they even know what 911 is in Garret County?  I text back, asking if they are ok or if they needed anything.

To my horror it was an emergency.
Reply message--'Just Beer'.

2 comments:

Lara said...

Isn't it sweet that Lisa would try to send help, and even beer, all the way from Connecticut? This is what lasting friendship is all about. Will call soon with all the details in this lastest Cabin Saga...

BING! said...

To interject another bit of texting shorthand ...
WTF?!